Re: Re: [sqlsmith] FailedAssertion("!(XLogCtl->Insert.exclusiveBackup)", File: "xlog.c", Line: 10200) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Re: [sqlsmith] FailedAssertion("!(XLogCtl->Insert.exclusiveBackup)", File: "xlog.c", Line: 10200)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 7:13 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Michael Paquier writes:
>>
>>> Andreas, with the patch attached is the assertion still triggered?
>>> [2. text/x-diff; base-backup-crash-v2.patch]
>>
>> I didn't observe the crashes since applying this patch.  There should
>> have been about five by the amount of fuzzing done.
>
> I have reworked the patch, replacing those two booleans with a single
> enum. That's definitely clearer. Also, I have added this patch to the
> CF to not lose track of it:
> Horiguchi-san, I have added you as a reviewer as you provided some
> input. I hope you don't mind.

Won't the similar problem exists for nonExclusiveBackups?  Basically
in similar situation, the count for nonExclusiveBackups will be
decremented and if it hits pg_start_backup_callback(), the following
Assertion can fail.
pg_start_backup_callback()
{
..
Assert(XLogCtl->Insert.nonExclusiveBackups > 0);
..
}

--
With Regards,