Re: Simplify some codes in pgoutput - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Simplify some codes in pgoutput
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 2:00 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> I noticed that there are some duplicated codes in pgoutput_change() function
> which can be simplified, and here is an attempt to do that.

For REORDER_BUFFER_CHANGE_DELETE, when the old tuple is missing, after
this patch, we will still send BEGIN and do OutputPluginWrite, etc.
Also, it will try to perform row_filter when none of old_slot or
new_slot is set. I don't know for which particular case we have s
handling missing old tuples for deletes but that might require changes
in your proposed patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.