Re: Slow catchup of 2PC (twophase) transactions on replica in LR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Slow catchup of 2PC (twophase) transactions on replica in LR
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 2:26 PM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

 ```

> It succeeds if force_alter is also expressly set. Prepared transactions will be
> aborted at that time.
>
> ```
> subscriber=# ALTER SUBSCRIPTION sub SET (two_phase = off, force_alter = on);
> ALTER SUBSCRIPTION

Isn't it better to give a Notice when force_alter option leads to the
rollback of already prepared transactions?

I have another question on the latest 0001 patch:
+ /*
+ * Stop all the subscription workers, just in case.
+ * Workers may still survive even if the subscription is
+ * disabled.
+ */
+ logicalrep_workers_stop(subid);

In which case the workers will survive when the subscription is disabled?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.