Re: Tablesync early exit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Tablesync early exit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 8:50 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> Patch v2 is the same; it only needed re-basing to the latest HEAD.

Why do you think it is correct to exit before trying to receive any
message? How will we ensure whether the apply worker has processed any
message? At the beginning of function LogicalRepApplyLoop(),
last_received is the LSN where the copy has finished in the case of
tablesync worker. I think we need to receive the message before trying
to ensure whether we have synced with the apply worker or not.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.