Re: CustomScan under the Gather node? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: CustomScan under the Gather node?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What enhancement will be necessary to implement similar feature of
> partial seq-scan using custom-scan interface?
>
> It seems to me callbacks on the three points below are needed.
> * ExecParallelEstimate
> * ExecParallelInitializeDSM
> * ExecParallelInitializeWorker
>
> Anything else?

I don't think so.

> Does ForeignScan also need equivalent enhancement?

I think this depends on the way ForeignScan is supposed to be
parallelized, basically if it needs to coordinate any information
with other set of workers, then it will require such an enhancement.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.