Re: parallel vacuum options/syntax - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: parallel vacuum options/syntax
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 12:01 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > For combination of VACUUM command options, although parallel vacuum is
> > enabled by default and VACUUM FULL doesn't support it yet, 'VACUUM
> > (FULL)' would work. On the other hand 'VACUUM (FULL, PARALLEL)' and
> > 'VACUUM(FULL, PARALLEL 1)' would not work with error. And I think it
> > is better if 'VACUUM (FULL, PARALLEL 0)' also work but I'd like to
> > hear opinions.

On again thinking about whether we should allow VACUUM (FULL, PARALLEL
0) case, I am not sure, so, for now, the patch [1] is throwing error
for that case, but we can modify it if we want.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1JxWAYTSM4NpTi7Tz%3DsPetbWBWZPpHKxLoEKb%3DgMi%3DGGA%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.