Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
Date
Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication  (Masahiko Sawada <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 1:12 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 4:33 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 5:44 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have done some more testing of this patch especially for the case
> > where we spill before streaming the transaction and found everything
> > is working as expected. Additionally, I have changed a few more
> > comments and ran pgindent. I am still not very sure whether we want to
> > display physical slots in this view as all the stats are for logical
> > slots but anyway we can add stats w.r.t physical slots in the future.
> > I am fine either way (don't show physical slots in this view or show
> > them but keep stats as 0). Let me know if you have any thoughts on
> > these points, other than that I am happy with the current state of the
> > patch.
>
> IMHO, It will make more sense to only show the logical replication
> slots in this view.

Okay, Sawada-San, others, do you have any opinion on this matter?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.