Re: [BUG] wrong refresh when ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ADD/DROP PUBLICATION - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [BUG] wrong refresh when ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ADD/DROP PUBLICATION
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 6:53 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 1:36 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 9:57 PM Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Do you mean to say that do it for both Add and Drop or just for Drop?
> > Actually, doing it both will make the behavior consistent but doing it just for
> > Drop might be preferable by some users. I think it is better to be consistent here
> > but I am fine if you and others feel it is better to refresh all publications only in
> > Drop case.
>
> Personally, I also think it will be better to make the behavior consistent.
> Attach the new version patch make both ADD and DROP behave the same as SET PUBLICATION
> which refresh all the publications.

There is a bug reported on pgsql-bugs [1] which seems to be happening
due to the same reason. Can you please test that the other bug is also
fixed with your patch?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17132-6a702189086c6243%40postgresql.org

--
With Regards,