Re: Identify missing publications from publisher while create/alter subscription. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Identify missing publications from publisher while create/alter subscription.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 8:11 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 11:02 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> Thanks for the suggestion, I have changed the patch as suggested.
> Attached v16 patch has the changes for the same.

Thanks, I have one more comment.

postgres=# Alter subscription sub1 add publication pub4;
WARNING: publications "pub2", "pub4" do not exist in the publisher
ALTER SUBSCRIPTION

This gives additional publication in WARNING message which was not
part of current command but is present from the earlier time.

postgres=# Alter Subscription sub1 set publication pub5;
WARNING: publication "pub5" does not exist in the publisher
ALTER SUBSCRIPTION

SET variant doesn't give such a problem.

I feel we should be consistent here.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.