Re: Reviewing freeze map code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Reviewing freeze map code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. The all-visible checks seemed to me to be incorrect and incomplete.
> I made the check match the logic in lazy_scan_heap.

Okay, I thought we just want to check for dead-tuples.  If we want the logic similar to lazy_scan_heap(), then I think we should also consider applying snapshot old threshold limit to oldestxmin.   We currently do that in vacuum_set_xid_limits() for Vacuum.  Is there a reason for not considering it for visibility check function?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.