Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "MauMau" <maumau307@gmail.com> writes:
>> From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>>> I'm still not clear on why we can't just use the port number.
>
>> To use port, we have to tell the location of $PGDATA to regsvr32.exe.
>
> [ scratches head... ]  Exactly which of the other proposals *doesn't*
> require that?
  Appending it with version number which is compile time constant.

> Certainly anything that involves parsing settings out
> of postgresql.conf will.
  We don't need to parse for default value of event source, it is only  for case when user gives some specific name to
event_sourcein  postgresql.conf and it that case, we expect that user provides the same name during register command of
eventsource, some thing like: regsvr32 /n /i: PostgreSQL_HEAD <install_dir_path>\lib\pgevent32.dll

 Here point to note is that pgevent.dll never does any parsing or lookup for event source name, either user provides it
orwe use default value.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.