Re: BUG #18055: logical decoding core on AllocateSnapshotBuilder() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: BUG #18055: logical decoding core on AllocateSnapshotBuilder()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 11:06 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Using of NInitialRunningXacts and InitialRunningXacts are clear. Currently,
> the core, as far as i know, maybe caused by this way: an ERROR raised when
> calling *pg_logical_slot_get_changes_guts* function. The code part of
> PG_CATCH() doses not reset  NInitialRunningXacts and InitialRunningXacts.
> Then, calling pg_logical_slot_get_changes_guts again, the core may occur.
> Unfortunately, I couldn't find a minimal reproduction case. However, I
> observed an *ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout*  logged
> before each core occurred. (For some reason, I can't provide the information
> of log)

Thanks for the report. I think your analysis is correct and I see that
you have proposed a patch in the next email. I'll look into it and
share my feedback.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.