Re: crashes due to setting max_parallel_workers=0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: crashes due to setting max_parallel_workers=0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while working on a patch I ran into some crashes that seem to be caused by
> inconsistent handling of max_parallel_workers - queries still seem to be
> planned with parallel plans enabled, but then crash at execution.
>
> The attached script reproduces the issue on a simple query, causing crashed
> in GatherMerge, but I assume the issue is more general.

I could see other parallel plans like Gather also picked at
max_parallel_workers=0.  I suspect multiple issues here and this needs
some investigation.  I have added this to open items list.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.