Re: Add contrib/pg_logicalsnapinspect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Add contrib/pg_logicalsnapinspect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 22, 2024 at 5:56 PM Bertrand Drouvot
<bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please find attached a patch to $SUBJECT.
>
> This module provides SQL functions to inspect the contents of serialized logical
> snapshots of a running database cluster, which I think could be useful for
> debugging or educational purposes.

+1. I see it could be a good debugging aid.

> 2. The SnapBuildOnDisk and SnapBuild structs are now exposed to public. Means
> we should now pay much more attention when changing their contents but I think
> it's worth it.

Is it possible to avoid exposing these structures? Can we expose some
function from snapbuild.c that provides the required information?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.