Re: row filtering for logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: row filtering for logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 7:57 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that there was a build-farm failure on the machine 'komodoensis' [1]
>
> #   Failed test 'check replicated rows to tab_rowfilter_toast'
> #   at t/028_row_filter.pl line 687.
> #          got: ''
> #     expected: 't|1'
> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 20.
> [18:21:24] t/028_row_filter.pl ................
> Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
> Failed 1/20 subtests
>
> That failure looks intermittent because from the history you can see
> the same machine already passed multiple times in this test case.
>
> When I investigated the test case I noticed there seems to be a
> missing "catchup" ($node_publisher->wait_for_catchup($appname);), so
> sometimes if the replication happens too slowly then the expected row
> might not be found on the subscriber side.

Your analysis seems correct to me and it is evident from the result as
well. Reviewing the test, it seems other similar places already have
the catchup but it is missed after this update test.

> I will post a patch to fix this shortly.

Thanks.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.