Re: What exactly is our CRC algorithm? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: What exactly is our CRC algorithm?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
I came up with the attached patches. They do three things:

1. Get rid of the 64-bit CRC code. It's not used for anything, and
haven't been for years, so it doesn't seem worth spending any effort to
fix them.

2. Switch to CRC-32C (Castagnoli) for WAL and other places that don't
need to remain compatible across major versions.

Will this change allow database created before this commit to be
started after this commit?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.