Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 6:09 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On 3/29/22 13:47, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 4:33 PM Tomas Vondra
> > <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> >> AFAICS we've concluded this is a pre-existing issue, not something
> >> introduced by a recently committed patch, and I don't think there's any
> >> proposal how to fix that.
> >>

> > I have suggested in email [1] that increasing values
> > max_sync_workers_per_subscription/max_logical_replication_workers
> > should solve this issue. Now, whether this is a previous issue or
> > behavior can be debatable but I think it happens for the new test case
> > added by commit c91f71b9dc.
> >

> IMHO that'd be just hiding the actual issue, which is the failure to
> sync the subscription in some circumstances. We should fix that, not
> just make sure the tests don't trigger it.

I am in favor of fixing/changing some existing behavior to make it
better and would be ready to help in that investigation as well but
was just not sure if it is a good idea to let some of the buildfarm
member(s) fail for a number of days. Anyway, I leave this judgment to
you.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.