Re: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication
Date
Re: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 9:03 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I have changed this and various other comments in the patch. I have
> > modified the docs as well to reflect the changes. I thought of adding
> > a test but I think the current test in toast.sql seems sufficient.
> > Kindly let me know what you think of the attached? I think we should
> > backpatch this till v10. What do you think?
>
> Looks fine to me.

Attached are the patches for back-branches till v10. I have made two
modifications: (a) changed heap_tuple_attr_equals() to
heap_attr_equals() as we are not passing tuple to it; (b) changed
parameter name 'check_external_cols' to 'external_cols' to make it
sound similar to existing parameter 'interesting_cols' in
HeapDetermine* function.

Let me know what you think of the attached? Do you see any reason not
to back-patch this fix?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.