Re: pgsql: Respect permissions within logical replication. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: Respect permissions within logical replication.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 10:52 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 02:40:56AM +0000, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > Respect permissions within logical replication.
>
> The buildfarm is not completely happy after this commit:
> 1) massasauga is failing the new test:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=massasauga&dt=2022-01-08%2002%3A45%3A21
> #   Failed test 'superuser admin replicates insert into unpartitioned'
> #   at t/027_nosuperuser.pl line 46.
> #          got: '2|1|3'
> #     expected: '3|1|5'
> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 100.

One possible reason for this failure could be that the test doesn't
wait for the initial sync to complete after CREATE SUBSCRIPTION which
can allow more than expected operations to be replicated. Also, the
reason it passes in other machines is that in those runs initial sync
could get finished before we start to publish other operations.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.