Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 3:46 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> PSA v7.

For example, if additional columns are added to the table, then
+    (after a <literal>REFRESH PUBLICATION</literal>) if there was a column list
+    only those named columns will continue to be replicated.

This looks a bit unclear to me w.r.t the refresh publication step. Why
exactly you have used refresh publication in the above para? It is
used to add new tables if any added to the publication, so not clear
to me how it helps in this case. If that is not required then we can
change it to: "For example, if additional columns are added to the
table then only those named columns mentioned in the column list will
continue to be replicated."

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.