Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 2:52 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
> <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >

> > Accordingly, I'm thinking to have unsuccessful and successful stats on the sub side.
> > Sawada-san is now implementing a new view in [1].
> > Do you think that I should write a patch to introduce a new separate view
> > or write a patch to add more columns to the new view "pg_stat_subscription_errors" that is added at [1] ?
>
> pg_stat_subscriptions_errors view I'm proposing is a view showing the
> details of error happening during logical replication. So I think a
> separate view or pg_stat_subscription view would be a more appropriate
> place.

+1 for having these stats in pg_stat_subscription. Do we want to add
two columns (xact_commit: number of transactions successfully applied
in this subscription, xact_rollback: number of transactions that have
been rolled back in this subscription) or do you guys have something
else in mind?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.