Re: row filtering for logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: row filtering for logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 5:12 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> Sorry, I think I neglected to "git add" some late changes.

+ if (has_rowfilter)
+ ereport(ERROR,
+ (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
+ errmsg("cannot set parameter \"%s\" to false for publication \"%s\"",
+ "publish_via_partition_root",
+ stmt->pubname),
+ errdetail("The publication contains a WHERE clause for partitioned
table \"%s\" which is not allowed when \"%s\" is false.",
+    get_rel_name(relid),
+    "publish_via_partition_root")));

It still has the same problem. The table can be dropped just before
this message and the get_rel_name will return NULL and we don't expect
that.

Also, is there a reason that you haven't kept the test case added by Hou-San?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.