Re: row filtering for logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: row filtering for logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 12:45 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On 7/13/21 12:57 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 10:24 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the problem described by Petr[1] is also possible today if the
> > user drops the publication and there is a corresponding subscription,
> > basically, the system will stuck with error: "ERROR:  publication
> > "mypub" does not exist. I think allowing to use non-historic snapshots
> > just for publications will resolve that problem as well.
> >
> > [1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/92e5587d-28b8-5849-2374-5ca3863256f1%402ndquadrant.com
> >

> That seems like a completely different problem, TBH. For example the
> slot is dropped too, which means the WAL is likely gone etc.

I think if we can use WAL archive (if available) and re-create the
slot, the system should move but recreating the publication won't
allow the system to move.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.