Re: Support logical replication of DDLs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 8, 2023 at 5:32 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 8, 2023 at 10:36 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please find new set of patches addressing below:
> a) Issue mentioned by Wang-san in [1],
> b) Comments from Peter given in [2]
> c) Comments from Amit given in the last 2 emails.

As mentioned previously [1], I think there is a value to allow
appending the options not given in the original statement (say
tablespace) but it would be better to provide additional information
with some subscription option like expanded_mode  = on/off. With
expanded_mode = off, we should only WAL log the information required
to construct the original DDL statement.

I think we can now remove ObjTree part of the code as we have seen
that we can form the required jsonb without it as well.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1%2B3ac2qXZZYfdiobuOF17e60v-fiFMG7HfJx93WbEkFhQ%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.