Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions
Date
Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions  (Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 5:42 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 2:30 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Right, I think this can happen if one has changed those by BufFileSeek
> > before doing truncate. We should fix that case as well.
>
> Right.
>
> > >  I will work on those along with your other comments and
> > > submit the updated patch.
>
> I have fixed this in the attached patch along with your other
> comments.  I have also attached a contrib module that is just used for
> testing the truncate API.

Few comments:
==============
+void
+BufFileTruncateShared(BufFile *file, int fileno, off_t offset)
{
..
+ if ((i != fileno || offset == 0) && i != 0)
+ {
+ SharedSegmentName(segment_name, file->name, i);
+ FileClose(file->files[i]);
+ if (!SharedFileSetDelete(file->fileset, segment_name, true))
+ ereport(ERROR,
+ (errcode_for_file_access(),
+ errmsg("could not delete shared fileset \"%s\": %m",
+ segment_name)));
+ numFiles--;
+ newOffset = MAX_PHYSICAL_FILESIZE;
+
+ if (i == fileno)
+ newFile--;
+ }

Here, shouldn't it be i <= fileno? Because we need to move back the
curFile up to newFile whenever curFile is greater than newFile

2.
+ /*
+ * If the new location is smaller then the current location in file then
+ * we need to set the curFile and the curOffset to the new values and also
+ * reset the pos and nbytes.  Otherwise nothing to do.
+ */
+ else if ((newFile < file->curFile) ||
+ newOffset < file->curOffset + file->pos)
+ {
+ file->curFile = newFile;
+ file->curOffset = newOffset;
+ file->pos = 0;
+ file->nbytes = 0;
+ }

Shouldn't there be && instead of || because if newFile is greater than
curFile then there is no meaning to update it?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.