Re: noob's query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: noob's query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Asit Mahato <rigid.asit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to contribute to postgresql. But when i find a bug or issue
> which i would like to fix then a lot of questions arise to me. Those are
> below:
>
> 1)This one (the bug or issue in to do list i have selected) may be to hard
> to me. so from which one should i start?
   This you have to only decide, but there are features marked as [E]
in the todo list which you can consider as your starting point.

> 2)which files are related to this bug?
   Most (at least those which are marked as [E]) of the features are
enhancements, so you can debug the base feature and try to analyse how
to extend it for new feature. After your initial analysis, if you
want, you can even post on this list to get feedback or you can
continue to prepare the patch and upload it to CommitFest for
feedback.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.