Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 7:02 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Comments on the latest patch:
> =============================

Apart from the comments I gave yesterday, another thing I was
wondering is how to write some tests for this patch. The two ideas I
could think of are as follows:

1. One idea was to keep these stats for each WALSender as it was in
the commit that we reverted as b074813d48. If we had that then we can
query the stats for tests added in commit 58b5ae9d62. I am not sure
whether we want to display it in view pg_stat_replication but it would
be a really good way to test the streamed and serialized transactions
in a predictable manner.

2. Then the second way is to try doing something similar to what we do
in src/test/regress/sql/stats.sql

I think we should do both if possible.

--
With Regards,