Re: Use proc instead of MyProc in ProcArrayGroupClearXid()/TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Use proc instead of MyProc in ProcArrayGroupClearXid()/TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus()
Date
Re: Use proc instead of MyProc in ProcArrayGroupClearXid()/TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus()
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 3:17 PM rajesh singarapu <rajesh.rs0541@gmail.com> wrote:

> In both TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus and ProcArrayGroupClearXid
> global MyProc is used. for consistency, replaced with a function local variable.

In ProcArrayGroupClearXid(), currently, we always pass MyProc as proc,
so the change suggested by you will work but I think if in the future
someone calls it with a different proc, then the change suggested by
you won't work. The change in TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus() looks
good but If we don't want to change ProcArrayGroupClearXid() then I am
not sure if there is much value in making the change in
TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus().

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.