Re: Parallel copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Parallel copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 7:12 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 2:28 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> I have worked to provide a patch for the parallel safety checks. It
> checks if parallely copy can be performed, Parallel copy cannot be
> performed for the following a) If relation is temporary table b) If
> relation is foreign table c) If relation has non parallel safe index
> expressions d) If relation has triggers present whose type is of non
> before statement trigger type e) If relation has check constraint
> which are not parallel safe f) If relation has partition and any
> partition has the above type. This patch has the checks for it. This
> patch will be used by parallel copy implementation.

How did you ensure that this is sufficient? For parallel-insert's
patch we have enabled parallel-mode for Inserts and ran the tests with
force_parallel_mode to see if we are not missing anything. Also, it
seems there are many common things here w.r.t parallel-insert patch,
is it possible to prepare this atop that patch or do you have any
reason to keep this separate?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.