Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:00 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
So maybe we should at least start that way. And just document that clearly, and then use the patch that we have right now?

Except we add so it still returns the stoppoint() as well (which is returned from the current pg_stop_backup, but not in the new one).

We can always extend the function with more columns later if we need - it's changing the ones we have that's a big problem there :)

+1 for doing that way for now.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.