Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 4:43 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 2:09 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This patch has some problems with naming consistency.  There's a
> > function called PushUndoRequest() which calls a function called
> > RegisterRollbackReq() to do the heart of the work.  So, is it undo or
> > rollback?  Are we pushing or registering?  Is it a request or a req?
> >

> I think we can rename PushUndoRequest as RegisterUndoRequest and
> RegisterRollbackReq as RegisterUndoRequestGuts.

One thing I am not sure about the above suggestion is whether it is a
good idea to expose a function which ends with 'Guts'.  I have checked
and found that there are a few similar precedents like
ExecuteTruncateGuts.  Another idea could be to rename
RegisterRollbackReq as RegisterUndoRequestInternal.  We have few
precedents for that as well.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.