Re: patch to fix unused variable warning on windows build - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: patch to fix unused variable warning on windows build
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is a small patch which fixes the unused variable warning in the
> visual studios build. Seems like VS does not support
> __attribute__((unused)) but looks like all other places we must assign to
> the variable.

I have raised same issue some time back, see the below link where
there is some discussion about it.
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1JEOa1hJGAUwPcqhw8av7zAPkDxJdwUbwEtjomi2f8hFg@mail.gmail.com

I think it is good, if one of committer's who have windows env. can
look into it and commit or provide suggestions, else you can make a
combined patch of this and other warning you saw on windows and upload
to next CF so that it doesn't get lost.
I checked that you have already submitted a patch for this warning
alone in CF.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.