Re: pgsql: Raise a warning if there is a possibility of data from multiple - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: Raise a warning if there is a possibility of data from multiple
Date
List pgsql-committers

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm0gwjY_4HFxvvty01BOT01q_fJLKQ3pWP9=9orqubhjcQ@mail.gmail.com

> > Branch
> > ------
> > master
> >
> > Details
> > -------
> > https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/875693019053b8897ec3983e292acbb439b088c3
> >
> > Modified Files
> > 4 files changed, 258 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)
>
> +       appendStringInfoString(&cmd,
> +                                                  "SELECT DISTINCT
> P.pubname AS pubname\n"
> +                                                  "FROM pg_publication P,\n"
> +                                                  "     LATERAL
> pg_get_publication_tables(P.pubname) GPT\n"
> +                                                  "     JOIN
> pg_subscription_rel PS ON (GPT.relid = PS.srrelid),\n"
> +                                                  "     pg_class C
> JOIN pg_namespace N ON (N.oid = C.relnamespace)\n"
> +                                                  "WHERE C.oid =
> GPT.relid AND P.pubname IN (");
>
> Should the tables and the function in this query be schema-qualified?
> Looking at other code in subscriptioncmd.c, we use schema-qualified
> names. It works even without the schema names but it may be better to
> make them consistent.
>
> FYI, looking at tablesync.c, there are both styles; it seems that
> recently added codes use schema-unqualified names.

Yeah, it is better to be consistent in all places and add a schema
name before accessing an object rather than for one or two places. Do
we need similar handling for pg_dump code as well, see
getPublications()?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.