Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 5:26 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amit
>
> I've been testing some undo worker workloads (more on that soon),

One small point, there is one small bug in the error queues which is
that the element pushed into error queue doesn't have an updated value
of to_urec_ptr which is important to construct the hash key.  This
will lead to undolauncher/worker think that the action for the same is
already processed and it removes the same from the hash table. I have
a fix for the same which I will share in next version of the patch
(which I am going to share in the next day or two).

>  but
> here's a small thing: I managed to reach an LWLock self-deadlock in
> the undo worker launcher:

I could see the problem, will fix in next version.

Thank you for reviewing and testing this.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.