Re: speed up a logical replica setup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 3, 2024 at 11:27 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you have any other idea?
> >

> The other idea could be that we use the minimum restart_lsn of all the
> slots created by this tool as a consistent_lsn. We can probably get
> that value by using pg_get_replication_slots() but this idea needs
> further evaluation as to whether it will lead to a consistent
> subscriber.

This may not work because when the confirmed_flush LSN of any slot is
ahead of the consistent_lsn value we derived above, we could miss
receiving some transactions. So, I don't have any better ideas than
what I mentioned yesterday.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.