Re: In pageinspect, perform clean-up after testing gin-related functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: In pageinspect, perform clean-up after testing gin-related functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In pageinspect/sql/gin.sql, we don't drop the table test1 at the end
> of the test. IMHO, we should clean-up at the end of a test.

Yeah, it is good practice to drop the objects at the end.  It is
strange that original commit adfb81d9e1 has this at the end of the
test, but a later commit 367b99bbb1 by Tom has removed the Drop
statement.  AFAICS, this is just a silly mistake, but I might be
missing something.  Tom, do you remember any reason for doing so?  If
not, then I think we can revert back that change (aka commit Kuntal's
patch).

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.