Re: [BUG] wrong refresh when ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ADD/DROP PUBLICATION - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [BUG] wrong refresh when ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ADD/DROP PUBLICATION
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 10:09 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 5:09 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> But, isn't this happening because of your suggestion to compare the
> current set of relations with relations from publications that doesn't
> need to be removed? Do we have better ideas to fix or shall we just
> say that we will refresh based on whatever current set of relations
> are present in publication to be dropped?

The other options could be that (a) for drop publication, we refresh
all the publications, (b) for both add/drop publication, we refresh
all the publications.

Any better ideas?

As this is introduced in PG-14 via the below commit, I am adding
authors and committer to see if they have any better ideas.

commit 82ed7748b710e3ddce3f7ebc74af80fe4869492f
    ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... ADD/DROP PUBLICATION

 Author: Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com>
 Author: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>

--
With Regards,