Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:30 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 02/11/2014 11:04 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd love to test my patch properly before pushing it, but my dev machine
>>> is going to need a total teardown and rebuild,
>>
>> I can do the test of your patch/idea, please confirm if below steps are
>> sufficient:
>> a. Change manually postgres.def file and add DATA for MainLWLockArray.
>>     (Will it be sufficient to change manually or should I apply your patch)
>
> No, you must rebuild "postgres", or at least re-generate the .DEF file
> and re-link postgres.exe to generate a new import library (.lib) for it.

Thanks, I think already we have results from build farm, so it might
not be of much use to do any additional verification/test.

> No, just make it obvious where such imports are missing. I can't see a
> way to completely make it invisible with the MS toolchain.

Yes, I have also studied and tried a couple of things, but couldn't find
a way to make it happen. So I think this might be the way things work
for Windows platform and infact I have always used it in same way
(__declspec (dllimport)) whenever there is any need.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.