Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Responses Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Amit Kapila (amit.kapila16@gmail.com) wrote:
>> I think disabling ALTER SYSTEM can be more easily supported if we
>> choose one of below options:
>> a. UI into contrib module, people who don't want doesn't include it
>> b. Have an include file mechanism, so that user can comment the
>> include in postgresql.conf and disable it.
>
> Either of these would be good options, imv.  In my new world order, it'd
> be a '#include' in the postgresql.conf- which is commented out by
> default.

If both are okay, then I would like to go with second option (include
file mechanism).
I think by default, we should allow auto file to be included and if
user faces any problem or otherwise,
then he can decide to disable it.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.