Re: Performance opportunities for write-only audit tables? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Bartley
Subject Re: Performance opportunities for write-only audit tables?
Date
List pgsql-general
2. Use  UNLOGGED in the log table creates.

Seriously?  For audit tables?

I guess that depends on what the log tables are used for.... Also in this case the logs are written to via a trigger.... I all within one transaction.  So it may not matter.

We use UNLOGGED because the audit logs are not financial, and used only very rarely, and only for analysis of access and performance in a batch setting.  Also certainly not via a trigger, as we don't want the logging bound to the transaction.