Re: Alternative to MS Access Last() function - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Scott Ford
Subject Re: Alternative to MS Access Last() function
Date
Re: Alternative to MS Access Last() function  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
List pgsql-novice
Actually, I think I just figured it out.  I'm not sure that I totally
understand it - I've been passed the problem of converting it from
someone else.  But according to the documentation:

-------------
The LAST function returns the value of the last record in the specified
field.

Syntax:
SELECT LAST(column) AS [expression]
FROM table

Example:
SELECT LAST(Age) AS highest_age
FROM Persons
ORDER BY Age

So I think that I should just be able to use MAX().  Right?