Re: CREATE FOREGIN TABLE LACUNA - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: CREATE FOREGIN TABLE LACUNA
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23 March 2012 19:07, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:38:56AM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
>> How about this one?
>
> Oops, forgot to put the latest docs in.

I think the docs need some additional supporting content.  The LIKE
clause and its source_table parameter isn't explained on the CREATE
FOREIGN TABLE page.  There's no mention of the like_option parameter
too which should be valid since you can specify whether it includes
comments (among less relevant options).

Also you appear to have modified the documented command definition so
that OPTIONS can't be applied per-column anymore.  It's now placed "[,
... ]" prior to the column's OPTIONS clause.

The patch works for me though, and allows tables, foreign tables,
views and composite types to be used in the LIKE clause.

Thom