Re: jsonb and nested hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 28 February 2014 08:12, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2014-02-27 15:06:33 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> You realize that this API dates from 9.3 and has been used in numerous
> extensions, right? So the names are pretty well fixed, for good or ill.

Sure. Doesn't prevent adding a couple more comments tho. I've only
noticed this because I opened the header as a reference when reading
your patch. Anyway, do something based on that feedback or not, your
choice ;)

Can I ask why I can do this:

SELECT review %> 'product'->'title' as product_title
FROM rating;

But I can't do this:

SELECT review->'product'->'title' as product_title
FROM rating;

ERROR:  operator does not exist: hstore -> hstore
LINE 1: explain select review -> 'product'::hstore ->'title' as prod...

Yet I can do this:

SELECT review::json->'product'->'title' as product_title
FROM rating;

Yours oblivious,
--
Thom