Re: Scaling shared buffer eviction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Scaling shared buffer eviction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26 September 2014 12:40, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
 On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> But this gets at another point: the way we're benchmarking this right
> now, we're really conflating the effects of three different things:
>
> 1. Changing the locking regimen around the freelist and clocksweep.
> 2. Adding a bgreclaimer process.
> 3. Raising the number of buffer locking partitions.

First of all thanks for committing part-1 of this changes and it
seems you are planing to commit part-3 based on results of tests
which Andres is planing to do and for remaining part (part-2), today

Were parts 2 and 3 committed in the end?

--
Thom