Re: Materialized views WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 16 February 2013 01:01, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
> Unless something else comes up in review or I get feedback to the
> contrary I plan to deal with the above-mentioned issues and commit
> this within a week or two.

At the moment it's not possible to rename a column without using ALTER
TABLE on an MV.

Also, shouldn't we have the ability to set the collation on a column of the MV?

And the inconsistency between regular views and MVs is still present,
where MVs always dump with column parameters in their definition, and
views never do.  Not a show-stopper, but curious nonetheless.

--
Thom