Re: postgresql 9.4 streaming replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: postgresql 9.4 streaming replication
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19 October 2015 at 09:41, Sven Löschner <sven@someko.de> wrote:
> I inserted the following in my pg_hba.conf to test, but it does not work:
>
> host    replication     rep_user        0.0.0.0/0                 trust
> host    all             postgres        0.0.0.0/0                 trust
>
> thank you in advance,
> Sven
>
>> WAL sender process starts when streaming client is active. The connection
>> is initiated by the client. That's why you cannot see it. It also uses the
>> TCP-port that is used by any other pg client. There is a special entry in
>> the pg_hba.conf for the replication clients. Refer to this please:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html.

Have you checked that the host name you provided resolves to the IP
address you're expecting?  Have you also tried connecting to the
primary server from the standby server manually?

e.g.: psql -h arcserver1 -p 5432 postgres

And perhaps look at the database logs for the standby server to see if
any error messages have come up when trying to connect to the primary.

Thom