pgbench unusable after crash during pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject pgbench unusable after crash during pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm using git master, and if I crash the database whilst it's running
pgbench, then restart the database and try to run pgbench again, I
can't:

thom@swift:~/Development/postgresql$ pgbench -c 1 -j 1 -T 20 -S pgbench
...crash database...
connection to database "pgbench" failed:
could not connect to server: Connection refused   Is the server running locally and accepting   connections on Unix
domainsocket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5488"?

thom@swift:~/Development/postgresql$ pg_ctl start
pg_ctl: another server might be running; trying to start server anyway
server starting
thom@swift:~/Development/postgresql$ pgbench -c 1 -j 1 -T 20 -S pgbench
starting vacuum...end.
setrandom: \setrandom maximum is less than minimum
client 0 aborted in state 1; execution of meta-command failed
transaction type: SELECT only
scaling factor: 0
query mode: simple
number of clients: 1
number of threads: 1
duration: 20 s
number of transactions actually processed: 0

I can otherwise use the database without issue.

Thom