Re: Confusing recovery message when target not hit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Confusing recovery message when target not hit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12 June 2016 at 12:51, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> Aren't those already set by recoveryStopsBefore()?

It is possible to exit the main redo loop if a NULL record is found
after calling ReadRecord, in which case those would not be set, no?

I'm apprehensive about initialising those values myself as I don't want to set them at a point where they may potentially already be set.

And I've noticed that I didn't re-read my own output messages, so I've corrected them in the attached patch.

Thom
Attachment