Re: 9.4 regression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: 9.4 regression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8 August 2013 00:04, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 7 August 2013 23:40, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
>> Did you report information about the system affected? What filesystem is it
>> on? If it's ext4 does it have extents enabled?
>
> Yes, ext4.  It's using whatever the default options are, but running
> lsattr on my data dir shows that extents are being used.

I've just created an ext2 partition (so no extents), and did some
quick benchmarks of those 2 commits.  This is on the original system
(not my laptop), with the same config settings as before.  All tests
initialised with -s 20 and tested with -j 80 -c 80.

30 seconds:

8800d8: 1327.983018 / 1317.848514
269e78: 1388.009819 / 1285.929100

5 minutes: