Re: PGSQL 9.3 - Materialized View - multithreading - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: PGSQL 9.3 - Materialized View - multithreading
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 4 April 2014 20:49, PARIS Nicolas <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> "The only thing that immediately comes to mind would be running a
>  rather hacky DO function in 4 separate sessions:"
> You mean 8 sessions I guess.

Yes, typo.

> 8 separate sessions ?
> Have you any idea how to manage sessions ? Is it possible to create
> separate session internaly ?
> Do I have to make 8 external connection to database, to get 8 process.
> It would be great if I could manage session internaly, in a pl/sql by
> example.

Well you can't have multiple sessions per connection, so yes, you'd
need to issue each of them in separate connections.

I can't think of a more convenient way of doing it, but the solution
I've proposed isn't particularly elegant anyway.

--
Thom